Company: HAUM SF
Job Title: Studio Manager
Our team is seeking an exceptional, experienced Studio Manager for our Haight-Ashbury location. The ideal Studio Manager is self-motivated, detail-oriented, and maintains high standards to consistently deliver excellent work. You follow through like a boss, learn quickly, and nerd out on the nitty-gritty details to make sure everything comes together with ease. You share our passion for what we provide and an excitement to offer it to our community.
- You’re highly skilled and take great pride in customer service and client care.
- You’re extremely comfortable and effective in a sales role: you listen to clients, educate them about our services, and make sales confidently and enthusiastically.
- You feel comfortable executing on existing processes; you’re willing to create new processes when needed to ensure everything will be completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- You take full ownership of your work and provide updates on projects without prompting.
- You’re confident in sharing ideas and detailed plans for how to execute on those ideas.
- You’re extremely proactive: when you need information or resources from someone, you follow up without fear of bothering them because you know how to engage skillfully and have what it takes to get your job done with urgency.
- You proactively seek feedback as a path toward continual growth and development as an individual and community leader.
- You’re excited by and work well in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities (e.g., students entering and exiting the studio, staff not always onsite).
- You’re obsessed with making the Studio Owner’s life easier and taking things off their plate; nothing makes you happier than a job well done and moving the company forward.
- You’re independent, self-motivated, and highly accountable.
- You exemplify kindness, motivation, and empowerment.
- You’re practiced in clear and consistent communication.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Member + Client Relationship Development
- Exemplify excellent customer care and assume a leadership role in providing superior customer service and an environment of open communication
- Maintain a high level of customer communication through personal interactions with clients
- Create and follow through with a clear communication process including text, email, and phone
- Promote understanding and enthusiasm about yoga in the community as an ambassador for the studio; assist in furthering a strong brand presence in the surrounding community by consistently creating strategic partnerships
Team Member Development
- Assist the Studio Owner in recruiting, hiring, training, and developing Studio Host team
- Supervise, review, and coach the Studio Host team to develop a high level of job effectiveness, efficiency, and satisfaction
- Deliver constructive feedback, growth plans, and make any needed team member changes in a timely manner
- Support, supervise, and coach the Studio Host team in effectively managing student check-ins/outs and an impactful sales process
- Sustain a high level of communication with team members through productive individual and group dialogue; complete regularly scheduled meetings, trainings, and feedback sessions to facilitate productive communication and promote an environment of teamwork and excellence
- Create an environment of teamwork by scheduling and leading quarterly team gatherings
Revenue Growth and Profitability
- Take responsibility for continued revenue growth and profitability of the studio
- Collaborate with the Studio Owner to plan and execute strategies that continuously bring new students into the studio; create and implement programs that turn new students into long-term members
- Collaborate with the Studio Owner and other team members to create marketing campaigns and collateral; regularly monitor website, social media, emails, and in-studio marketing to ensure it is attractive, complete, and relevant
Training, Workshop & Special Event Support
- Lead the sales and promotion of trainings, workshops, retreats, and other special events; monitor enrollment
- Input workshops, training sessions, and events in Ribbon.
- Assist Studio Owner in preparing revenue plans and forecasts
- Complete required reporting to assist Studio Owner in maintaining complete and proper financial records; reporting includes but is not limited to: cash drawer receipt report, bank deposits, and frequent statistical reporting
- Maintain accurate schedules, accounts, and information in Ribbon
- Send weekly team communication emails
- Manage activities that ensure the physical studio space meets our high standard of excellence including cleanliness, organization, environment, and functionality
- Maintain an appropriate level of studio supplies so that all provisions and amenities are always available for all members and staff
- Communicate with the Studio Owner about necessary repairs and maintenance of the physical space and ensure maintenance requests are completed in a timely manner
- Manage the risk associated with operating a local business; remain mindful of activities and operations of the business; seek ways to minimize harm to clients, employees, and company assets
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have previously practiced at the studio and understand the community and culture
- Possess a proven track record in leadership, staff management, customer service, and sales
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience
Reports to: Studio Owner
Supervision: This position supervises all studio employees, contractors, and work-trade staff
- This job primarily operates in the studio. Consistent hours and presence at the studio are expected, though the exact schedule is flexible. Intermittent evening and weekend work required.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hourly rate based on experience and skills
- Paid separately for classes and programming
- Benefits include opportunities for professional development, access to unlimited yoga, and other discounts at the studio on programming and retail
INTERESTED CANDIDATES, PLEASE SEND A COPY OF YOUR RESUME TO HELLO@HAUMSF.COM